Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

codecs Help

• Please log in to reply

adamr

adamr

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Ok so i recorded audio using sonar 6 producer edition, i can only save it as a .wav file so therefor i have to convert it to mp3 after. The file for the song is huge and i want to compress it so i use "switch" like usual, except for the first time ever i get an error saying:
"Cannot open file c:/documents and settings.....wav, because the required ACM codec is not installed on this pc. Open the file with Windows Media Player to auto-install the codec then reattempt to load it". I've opened and played the song on wmp but it doesn't download anything automatically and i have the settings changed to automatic download codecs. I've manually replaced all my codecs and still it doesn't work, what do i do? I run windows xp.

Advertisements

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Adamr,

Here is a list of the available Codecs for Windows Media player. Located on MS Knowlage Base