Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Two million post thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
flea returns to this "licence to troll" tread in the knowledge that here alone he can ignore all the posts to date and ponder the time it would take to reach the final 2000000th post, that is, if he took the average of the posts to date over the duration since this thread began and expanded that trend to the 2000000th post, something he then realised would be well after his lifetime though more probably because he absolutely no intention for spending his sunday in the bistro doing maths, "no leave that to dsenette" he thought, besides, he had somehow promised himself that he would not start posting in offtopics again, nor would he drink too much coffee, nor think any more about his son's wonderous ability to boil the spectrum of conversation down to four words "rocks, sucks, cool and bummer", useful tools his thought with dealing with most threads "yeryer, malware sucks, bummer, go here (if you think you have malware link)" and besides anyway what was he doing mending windows systems when he was a linux convert, he should be replying "dear poster, well that serves you right doesn't it" yet no, his linux system worked perfectly, he never had seen nor had malware with linux so he was bored out his banana, "next distro time then" had crossed his mind but that too would only result in another good system returning him here later, but perhaps this was micro$oft's secret plan all along, a way to help people bond together through malware removal, could Bill have seen a bunch of primates grooming one another and said "yup, that's the way to go" but flea didn't know and he could only guess as he watched the minute hand zoom around the clockface on the wall "um somehow Geneva is very much like linux" he concluded, "ah, another coffee please" as he compleated his blog entry.

Edited by fleamailman, 12 August 2007 - 07:32 AM.

Advertisements

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
uhhhh........what?

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts

uhhhh........what?

I didn't say anything... :whistling:

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
suddenly flea felt the panic as the dim thought set in that perhaps not everybody had in fact turned off the notifications option to this thread after all, that is, even if in not doing so they were liable to receive over a million notifications in the space of their remaining lives that a reply had been made here, so his plan of having his very own blog thread was now dashed, he would share the thread then, "right, acknowledge other people's posts, ignore them and rant away" done, - but somehow flea's rant remained constant, he could not forgive the computer industry for selling computers that were now unsupported, that perfectly good window98se laptops were dead under windows, no in fact he hadn't dumped windows for linux, windows had dumped him and milloins of other people who had paid for a computer with a workable system on it, his needs were simple, a coffee, the internet and email, not vista with specs that forced the user to upgrade both the computers, their officeworks and their protection too, "ah but they like you went along with the EULA" a voice would say and with that flea would shut up, what else could he write?

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
*ruthandtroy thinks fleamailman must have a boring computer life not playing fun games like "Prince of Persia" which I'm currently battling...

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
rothandtroy had hit on the truth in that the prince of persia(and devil may cry) was a game that his son had played last year on his PS2, and although flea had watched, he remembered that being the father figure meant setting an example to his children, so he had played Rometotalwar, therefore instead of killing a few baddies he could wipe out whole races in the name of reforming them, but rothandtroy was right, linux was for angels, he was in heaven and bored silly by it, in other words a vertual Switzerland with everything hunkeydoory except for a lone flea going through malware withdrawal, he was reminded by the phrase "sometimes the gods punish us by giving us exactly what we want"

Edited by fleamailman, 13 August 2007 - 11:03 AM.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Roth? Oh man, don't go calling my wife that or you will cop her wrath! :whistling:

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
sorry flea was apt to misread the replies, oh and at getting the name wrong he was passed master, luckily on this site he had not yet written "hi, welcome to bleeping computers" (which he had done elsewhere) which is one better he thought than his having once writing "hi, welcome to Emma's tent, we are all friends here"(again on the wrong forum) which in turn is still better than his mixing the replies up and being politely PMed by concerned members on this site that flea's reply was only off the mark by about a Galaxy(this forum), concluding that one just has to be very thankful that flea doesn't drive car

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
No car, no games, goodness gracious. You must be very happy.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
flea feared games for the liking of them for somehow they seemed to jump the clock when he wasn't watching and besides he had linux's very own game the "get the WIFI going without chewing the carpet", of which the rules varied form distro to distro but basically it went something like, find wifi card maker's site and figure out which driver needs downloading from the site while(that is having hit the work linux drivers on the maker's site), they relink you to somewhere which usually turns out to be a third party in black and white site with commands lines place("open" as in empty cupboard then) pray then that you have picked the right one and download, next download(install) ndiswrapper from the add/remove programs, then simply start a thread on the furum of the distro("hi, does anyone know a good kubuntu linux spoil engine"), have another cup of coffee and look in the mirror reminding oneself that command lines are for young smart people and that it is better to wait for the upgrade even if that means hoping they haven't forgotten it in gui install.

flea looks forward to taking his compaq persario 1200 laptop for a spin in the bistro,

Edited by fleamailman, 15 August 2007 - 06:50 AM.

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
School starts for my kids on August 27th. Party at my house!!! This got me thinking - what are some of your memories from school, both good and bad? When I was in 5th grade, I was waiting in line after recess when the girl behind me (who was taller than I) threw up lunch - school spaghetti all over my head. I couldn't eat spaghetti for the longest time after that. My proudest moment was probably walking across the stage to get my college diploma. In high school I didn't finish my work in time to graduate with my class (my high school was experimental - open space instead of classrooms, a lot of independent study classes; not a good fit for me), and in college I graduated cum laude in 4 years.

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
My best school memory was captain of the football team, all state selection two consecutive years, and my high school sweetheart. Those were definitely the best years :whistling:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
best highschool memory? probably when "we" broke in and stole all the doors off the auditorium (made great coffee tables in my apartment after graduation) and glued every desk we could to the walls after graduation

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
:whistling:

I was in band in high school (once a geek, always a geek), and one day a band director from a different school was over at our school. We all knew him - had been in various county productions with him. He drove a little Honda of some sort - it was when Hondas were still pretty new (I'm talking about the 70s here). A bunch of my guy friends picked up the back bumper and turned the car sideways in the parking space. It was pretty funny to see his face when he walked out of the school.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Topic Starter
  • Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
My first memory of school was a pretty girl who sat in front of me in first grade, Fran. My first crush. Then I remember my fourth grade teacher Mrs. Bush, she had a cane and wasn't afraid to use it. If you were out of your place in line she'd hook your neck and pull you back. If you said, "hey". She'd say, "hay is for horses". Fifth grade was my favorite teacher of all-time. Mr Morgan, one of those rare teachers that can affect the path of your life. He started me in a gifted program. I guess we got more presents. :whistling: