Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Two million post thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

she had a cane and wasn't afraid to use it

yeah....well i went to a catholic school....with nuns...."do unto others....as long as you do it with a ruler"

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Administrator
  • 21,805 posts
  • MVP
My 3rd grade teacher was named Miss Pope. To an 8 year old, she appeared to be about 100. She was probably in her 60s. She wore bright red lipstick that she always refreshed before we went to lunch, using a lime green compact mirror. One day, she sat down in her chair and flipped over backwards, so we just saw these feet fly up from behind her desk. She pulled herself to her feet and said "Oopsie" in a very embarrassed voice. It was pretty funny.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Administrator
  • 21,805 posts
  • MVP

she had a cane and wasn't afraid to use it

yeah....well i went to a catholic school....with nuns...."do unto others....as long as you do it with a ruler"

I didn't go to a Catholic school, but in elementary school in the 60s, corporal punishment was allowed. Our principal used to walk through the cafeteria and pull loud kids out of their seats and swat them with a paddle.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
we had (for about half a year before "we" drove him insane) a narcoleptic football coach who also taught social studies...guy was probably about 5'8" 5'9" ish...and weighed at least 400lbs (hmm....wonder why he was narcoleptic?) so he would always fall asleep during class....one day he was standing at the podium and he forgot to brace himself before he passed out....imagine a 400+ pound guy crashing to the floor in front of the class....he smashed the podium and broke the tops off of a couple of desks on his way down...it was pretty funny (mainly because no one liked the guy....he was a loser and he was mean)...the worst part is that the guy drove....he could stay awake for MAYBE 20 minutes at a time....and he had at least a 30 min drive to school...he'd come in with bushes and all kinds of stuff sticking out of his wheel wells

Guest_MarkN_*

Guest_MarkN_*
In grade school it was my first girlfriend Karrie. Then High school, skipping school to drive to milwaukee and visit the breweries. Oh, and I also had a great looking gym teacher, Mrs Dalby. Great woman and down to earth, she was alot of fun....

Edited by MarkN, 15 August 2007 - 03:15 PM.

zorba the geek

zorba the geek

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts

:whistling:

A bunch of my guy friends picked up the back bumper and turned the car sideways in the parking space. It was pretty funny to see his face when he walked out of the school.

In Tech-school i was a proud owner of a Fiat Jagst 500,big enough to fit on a dustbin!I found my car parked(i should say deposited)in the most unusual places.At that time i didnt think it to be funny,but today it still makes me laugh! My memories from school? Mmmmmmh,not much realy.Born 1953 in a small town in germany,due to a shortage of young teachers in the 60's -our shooldays where prettymuch pre-war!It had it's good points,most of our teachers didnt make it throu a whole day(falling asleep halfway)!Instant justice was the rule,pointing stick and wooden ruler the standard educational tools of the trade!

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Oh boy, I've got heaps of memories from school, but one sticks out - 12 years in a row is far too much!

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
"that's it" flea thought as the thread just needed to mention school and flea's skeletons would wake up and start kicking the cupboard he had left them in, besides, he could never quite make out what they were saying, that is, if there a message or some final understanding, just that they were there unchangable and beyond reach "remain there" he retorted, too many people he had always felt, drowning in other people

Edited by fleamailman, 16 August 2007 - 01:41 PM.

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
I fell asleep in math class, something fell out of the closet and woke me up.

sari, band camp ? :whistling:

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Topic Starter
  • Administrator
  • 24,575 posts
fleamailman, PLEASE STOP the bithering, blabbering, giberish or whatever you call that. This topic has no topic, but we're trying to encourage discussion.

Advertisements

Guest_MarkN_*

Guest_MarkN_*
I remember one time we picked up the back of a modified Gremlin, he got into 4th gear and we dropped it. What a smoke show.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Administrator
  • 21,805 posts
  • MVP

I fell asleep in math class, something fell out of the closet and woke me up.

sari, band camp ? :whistling:

Well, music camp. It was an important distinction - we had orchestras and choirs and string quartets and stuff. Much more highbrow than mere band camp. :blink:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

Well, music camp. It was an important distinction - we had orchestras and choirs and string quartets and stuff. Much more highbrow than mere band camp.

so in other words...you were an even bigger dork than teh band camp dorks?

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Administrator
  • 21,805 posts
  • MVP
Indeed.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
The thread has moved to the subject of school, a lot of bad memories, those memories remain and even if there were some meaning behind them, there is nothing I can do about them now, so I let be, somehow there were always too many people, a feeling like I was drowning in people.