Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Two million post thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Wow, band camp eh? I was in 6 different "bands" in high-school... An all-school choir and the "elite" Grade 12 choir, a stage band, a concert band, a worship band (it was a religious school, no more about that in this forum) and a students-only jazz band, we used to play in the hall at lunch and sometimes it would get packed out, it was great stuff. I used to skip class many times and go to the music room, I was the guitarist and had this awesome Ibanez RG-570 that was translucent purple with gold trimming, it was so nice, I wish I hadn't sold it...

Advertisements

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
Two high school memories stand out for me. My family moved from a rural area to the city in my 2nd year of high school and I just didn't fit in - was a true blue country bumpkin compared to the city slickers - my way of handling things was to be the class clown. The nun who was Vice Principal of the school had us each day for a class and was always late. So one day I stood out in front of the class and mimicked her and had the class in stitches. One of the girls was keeping watch at the door and when she warned the nun was approaching I jumped into the broom cupboard and stayed in there for the entire lesson, opening the door a little every now and then to keep the game alive. She didn't catch me!
Half way through my second year at this school one of the two class prefects left the school and we had to vote for a replacement. I lobbied my classmates and was overwhelmingly elected. The nuns wouldn't allow it because I was a 'trouble maker'. So the class went on strike and refused to do any work because they had elected me and what was the point of them voting if their wishes were to be ignored. My parents were called in and my Mother suggested that they allow me to take on the responsibility and perhaps I might live up to the role. So I became a prefect, refused to dob people in and stayed just the same as before. The following year the nuns changed the method for electing prefects for the entire school.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Wow, sounds like you had a fun school time frantique! I remember once this Study of Society teacher was really nasty all day. One of my friends had forgotten her text book at home and the teacher was like "Well what did you do that for?" and the girl was really cut, it was so rude. About ten seconds later the teacher got up and dropped her whiteboard marker, so she picks it up with a big "humph!" and I just stood up for my friend and said "Well what did you do that for?" in a really sarcastic voice. The teacher went nuts at me, of course, but man it was so rewarding!

Edited by ruthandtroy, 18 August 2007 - 10:54 PM.

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
Funny how when you start a subject, so much memory floods in. I remember being in primary school, must have been about 8 or 9. We'd just moved into town and lived about 7 minutes walk from the school. At the beginning of whatever class I was in we were told we'd be doing a sewing class each week for a term in the period following morning tea (called 'play lunch' then!!). Well, I hated sewing, I was an outdoors girl - did all the manual work on the farm we'd just moved from - I didn't do indoors stuff. So every week I'd leave my sewing at home and I'd have to read a book while the other children sewed - whoopee, I was in heaven. After about four weeks of this the teacher got a bit peeved and would ask me before play lunch if I'd brought in my sewing. Of course, "I forgot". So she'd make me walk home during the play lunch break to get it. I'd walk the longest possible ways home, get my sewing and arrive back at school just as the sewing class was finishing. Never did do a sewing class. And they spent a whole term sewing crosses on gingham fabric! When I left school and started working I decided it would be cheaper to make clothes rather than buy them (yes, that used to be done!) so I just started out with a dress with sleeves and it was beautiful - made all my own clothes and my sisters (for a fee) for years.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Oh yeah, I failed Home Economics big-time... Sewing? What is that?

Transience

Transience

Unofficial Music Guru

• Retired Staff
  • 2,448 posts
There's definitely something wrong if nobody has thought up a pointless reply to this topic in 5 days
*edit - on second thought this is something of a paradox - because if i post that nobody has made a pointless reply, my post nullifies that because my reply was pointless, so then there was no reason for me to post that there were no pointless replies in the first place, and yet i did. how does that work?

Edited by Transience, 24 August 2007 - 12:15 PM.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
*sari blames ruthandtroy for killing the thread.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

There's definitely something wrong if nobody has thought up a pointless reply to this topic in 5 days
*edit - on second thought this is something of a paradox - because if i post that nobody has made a pointless reply, my post nullifies that because my reply was pointless, so then there was no reason for me to post that there were no pointless replies in the first place, and yet i did. how does that work?

great...there went the space time continuum

my dad always makes one new years resolution and one new years resolution only "every thing in moderation" which if followed correctly means that you even have to do your moderation in moderation so every once in a while you have to go completely nuts and do whatever you want

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
:whistling:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
*dsenette presses sari's reset button

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Thanks.

Sublimelyoblivious

Sublimelyoblivious

• PipPip
  • 70 posts
Drew Carey is making a bit of a reach here I think. Although I really enjoyed his show, (how can you not with a brewery in the garage?), Honestly, How many 80 year old lady's will wear "I (Heart) Drew" T-shirts and try to sneak in a smooch? All the old ladies loved Bob. Big shoes to fill even for Drew Carey. :whistling:

Besides, all I think of when I talk about the Price is Right is that part in Happy Gilmore where he's like "the price is wrong b*tch!" and punches Adam Sandler!!! That was funny! :blink:

**Brian**

**Brian**

Semper Paratus: Always Ready

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

Chuck Norris is currently suing NBC, claiming Law and Order are trademarked names for his left and right legs.

:whistling: That is acculy quite funny.

Agreed: I would not want to mess with him if I was a bad guy hehehehe :blink:

Brian

Transience

Transience

Unofficial Music Guru

• Retired Staff
  • 2,448 posts
last year was the year of Chuck Norris jokes at my school, everybody was walking around with printouts of their favorites from the "official" chuck norris joke website.
*edit looking at this i have realized that it is my 100th post! yay!

Edited by Transience, 24 August 2007 - 04:30 PM.

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
I went to a Chinese restaurant and found out its the year of the rat