Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Two million post thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
loser

Advertisements

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

loser

Maybe next time you could be more honest, I mean holding in how you feel isnt good for your health, just say whats on your mind.

zorba the geek

zorba the geek

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Well, let's see here. My husband and I are approaching our 17th anniversary. We have a home theater system and a flat panel high definition TV. I bought the necessary cables and hooked up the TV in order to get the high def working correctly.

We have a 3 PC network that I maintain. Our house is fully wired for network connectivity in just about every room, which I insisted on. We have a 100 meg hub in the basement that all of our PCs use to get to the FIOS high speed router - a hub that I purchased and connected.

Guess my husband is the lucky one, eh?Or is he just a hero like the rest of us :wave:

sari can you please define "lucky one"!A:after 17 years you still did'nt kick him out yet?B:he saved on labourcosts(since you've installed everything by your self?C:you rather let him watch TV allnight? :)

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts

*FPVDriF6 doesn't even have a tv...

Ditto :)

I don't have a TV at all. I do all my show watching through DVDs and online streaming.

People in Israel are too addicted to the junk on TV, everything broadcasted here is a waste of time but a few selected shows.

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

I don't have a TV at all. I do all my show watching through DVDs and online streaming.

People in Israel are too addicted to the junk on TV, everything broadcasted here is a waste of time but a few selected shows.

Sounds like American tv :wave:

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Wow did I miss a lot! Where to start...

I bought a home theatre system, then fell in love with it, then this lady showed up and ruined "our" relationship, then she went and had kids, man i miss my home theater system, and the rest of the cool stuff i had when i was single

FIXT! :wave:

Yeah sounds about right, actually, get cool computer first, then get girl... Fixed...

Well, let's see here. My husband and I are approaching our 17th anniversary. We have a home theater system and a flat panel high definition TV. I bought the necessary cables and hooked up the TV in order to get the high def working correctly.

We have a 3 PC network that I maintain. Our house is fully wired for network connectivity in just about every room, which I insisted on. We have a 100 meg hub in the basement that all of our PCs use to get to the FIOS high speed router - a hub that I purchased and connected.

Guess my husband is the lucky one, eh?

People have commented on this, but oh my, yes he is the lucky one :)

Absolutely! Like Sari said, she only watches TV when someone else has it on - so if no-one has it on, I have more time for other things! Movies? That's what my computer's for!

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts

Ditto :wave:

Sounds like American tv :)

Yup, we have a lot of American Idol style stuff, yet there is an excellent satire show called Our Wonderful Country (translation from Hebrew) that's absolutely hilarious, and they are merciless when it comes to humiliating politicians :) I just don't know how it's possible that they didn't get sued yet.

Absolutely! Like Sari said, she only watches TV when someone else has it on - so if no-one has it on, I have more time for other things! Movies? That's what my computer's for!

Movies, yes! I'm taking out some from the local Blockbuster. When they launch their new Paid Download system (should be somewhere in the end of 2007, so it's soon), I'll have endless stuff to watch :) And no more driving across town for movies either :)

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
I have a TV... but it's covered with an inch of dust all that's on is Mythbusters :)

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

I have a TV... but it's covered with an inch of dust all that's on is Mythbusters :)

Thats a good show :)

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
*Fredil Yupigo likes watching Mythbusters through an inch of dust :)

*Fredil Yupigo :) talking in the third person!!

Advertisements

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts

:)

Is all I got to say about that

But I must admit the wife filled the beer fridgy last night :) :)

zorba the geek

zorba the geek

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts

*zorba *knows he's wrong :) Your hubby is indeed "the lucky one"stupid of me to doubt that!

**Brian**

**Brian**

Semper Paratus: Always Ready

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

Sometimes I wonder if I will be as lucky, and find me a Geek for a wife? :)

Brian

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Don't settle for anything less!!!!

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
I tried settling for less by dating a geek but a non computer geek.

She dumped me. She did not like it when I tried to teach her how to use a computer.