Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Who makes 12-inch non-widescreen laptops?

• Please log in to reply

alosito

alosito

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
I don't know why all laptop manufacturers now offer only widescreen models, but I don't find them practical at all if you use your laptop for business needs. Anyway, I am in search for a new laptop to replace my HP NC4000, and the only 12-inch non-widescreeb models that I can find on the market are X series from Lenovo. Am I overlooking something or is Lenovo really the only company left that offers 12-inch non-widescreen laptops?

Advertisements

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
I believe Philips make the X55, X60 and X65... They might be 13"... Not too sure..

alosito

alosito

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Philips? I didn't find any information about laptops on their web site. I would appreciate a link if you have one.

In any case, what about the main players on the laptop market? Toshiba, HP, Sony etc. None of them make 12- or 13-inch non-widescreen laptops?

Ryan_88

Ryan_88

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
for business my dad uses a nice IBM business laptop, have just done a quick search for it but couln't find it.

but however IBM are ,in my opinion, a very good reliable and durable brand

just type this into product finding websites look for the think pads, they're good

there's my two-cents

ry

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
You will not find a new nonwidescreen laptop, unless it's refurbished (but it'd have to be a fairly old refurb).
To be honest, widescreen is easy to get used to, and once you do get used to it, you won't want to try the 4:3 ratio screens any more.
James