Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Application Error & Runtime Error

• Please log in to reply

vbenn

vbenn

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I keep getting ie explore.exe Application Error Messages such as exception 0x0eedfade application location 0x7c812a5b. Runtime Error 217 at 0239FB4A, 217 at 0241FB4A, 0238FB4A. The numbers change sometimes. Is this something I should be concerned about? If so what do I do to correct the problem. Thank you. VBenn

Advertisements

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
If IE keeps running, I suppose it isn't too serious, but who wants to use a system full of annoying messages? Since the codes change on a regular basis, I'll assume you have several problems. Try uninstalling IE, rebooting, and reinstalling IE. You can uninstall from Start, Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, Add/Remove Windows Components, and uncheck IE. When it's done, reboot the computer and come back to this screen using the steps above. Then, put the check mark next to IE to reinstall it.

You may also try updating IE with Windows Updates and doing a custom install so you can see a list of updates. Be sure to download anything associated with IE. IE version 7 is also out so you might give that a try.

Thanks,

Magus

vbenn

vbenn

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

If IE keeps running, I suppose it isn't too serious, but who wants to use a system full of annoying messages? Since the codes change on a regular basis, I'll assume you have several problems. Try uninstalling IE, rebooting, and reinstalling IE. You can uninstall from Start, Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, Add/Remove Windows Components, and uncheck IE. When it's done, reboot the computer and come back to this screen using the steps above. Then, put the check mark next to IE to reinstall it.

You may also try updating IE with Windows Updates and doing a custom install so you can see a list of updates. Be sure to download anything associated with IE. IE version 7 is also out so you might give that a try.

Thanks,

Magus