Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help!

• Please log in to reply

wishfullthinking

wishfullthinking

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi Hopefully someone here can help me. I foolishly let my anti-virus software expire and was infected. My computer randomly shuts down to a blue scree saying im out of physical memory. I lost my control panel it is not anywhere to be found, not even by right-clicking on the start menu>customize>advance ; it is not there which means i cant whipe any thing clean. also leading to no administrative privilages on anything. Oh and did i mention that my PC won't let me do a system restore either.
So first i spent the extra 39.99 and updated to Norton Anti-Virus 2008. ran through their features and still didn't work. I have also tried running Ad-Aware SE, Spy-Bot search and Destroy, SmitFraudFix. I have tried all these combination is Safe Mode also. I did remove alot of crap but did not fix any of my problems. I also get a message error loading D0CE0C16B1 when i boot up. Ocassionly i will also get messages from WinAlert saying they found spyware and to download there remover i know this is also spyware. Various oter forums have sent me to you guys saying that you could help me they also metioned something about maybe the Zylob virus, Im not sure

>No Control Panel
>No Admisitrative Privlages on Anything
>Will not do System restore
>No Physical memory
>Running extreamly slow

Please help i really don't want to have to reformat my hard drive. to much to back up

Advertisements

latigid

latigid

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
Have you done the chkdsk /f in the run box?
Also the chkdsk /r in the run box?

Repair install from your CD.

http://www.michaelst...pairinstall.htm

Edited by latigid, 22 September 2007 - 10:40 PM.

wishfullthinking

wishfullthinking

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
neither work an error message pops up saying that they are being used by another program. and i cant Ctrl+Alt+Delete becasue my task manager has been disabled by the admin which i am the sole user of this computer