Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Norton Internet Security - help!

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Can anyone help me with NIS 2004? I have used their email support several times but with no solution.

I have had to disable NIS every time I want to synch my mobile phone. This worked fine until recently the Disable option on taskbar menu just disappeared. norton suggested I am not logged on as supervisor - but the user list is greyed out too on NIS window.

i checked i am logged on as supervisor by XP but there's no way to change my NIS account. So Norton suggested I uninstall - however XP Add/Remove programs won't let me do this as it says i'm not the adminsitrator - een though account says I am.

So Im left with no way to disable/enable NIS, can't synch my phone and transfer software. I can't uninstall NIS either. The only other clue is that sometimes when the PC starts, NIS comes up as disabled and i have to restart to get it enabled.

Everything else works fine - and I've scanned my system for hostile programs. Anyone else had th esame problem and solved it? Norton seem to have no idea and have stopped responding to help requests!

Thanks for your help!