Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PRBLEM WITH TURNING ON COMPUTER

• Please log in to reply

Kaygen123

Kaygen123

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
Hey, last night i turned off my computer for the first time in a while. i turned it back on this morning and there's a loud Buzzing/hissing sound come from inside the tower. im not sure if its one of the fans but i doubt it. it sounds internal. Then suddenly it starts randomly shutting off as to save itself from malfunction or something.. somethings making the hissing sound and making the power trip. when i finaly got to my desktop i also had no internet..

im more worried about the hissing and the power failure. ill have to use my moms computer for now.

problem after problem.... maybe the guys who helped me out with my S key problem and my FPS problem will be kind enough to do so here. thanks alot guys.

Kaygen

Edited by Kaygen123, 23 September 2007 - 10:07 AM.

Advertisements

Kaygen123

Kaygen123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
sorry i posted in the wrong section. i got so used to posting in the game area that i forgot it was just for game issues...

Edited by Kaygen123, 23 September 2007 - 10:12 AM.

ADNoland

ADNoland

• PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
Well most basic thing, have you opened up the case and checked all the connections and had a look to see what area the sound is coming from?

Kaygen123

Kaygen123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
yeah i think its the hard drive. its coming from the cd drive area but i know its not the cd drives b/c theres nothing in them. plus people have told me "yeah thats your hard drive" so i'm gunna by a new computer or a new hard drive. this topic is related to this topic:

http://www.geekstogo...VE-t171699.html

Edited by Kaygen123, 25 September 2007 - 07:04 PM.