Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AVG Anti-Spyware

• Please log in to reply

lildebi

lildebi

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
Hello. I saw that in the Malware Removal Section, it said to run AVG in Safe Mode and don't run any other things. Is it necessary that it is always only ran in safe mode? I was just wondering if I can run it in regular windows too.

Thanks!

Advertisements

WinCrazy

WinCrazy

• PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
Hi lildebi.

It is much better to scan in Safe Mode because starting up in Safe Mode doesn't allow a lot of malware to run. The whole purpose of Safe Mode is to load only a minimal number of startup programs and only basic drivers to get your system booted up. A scanner will have a much easier time deleting malware if the malware hasn't started yet.

lildebi

lildebi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Oh alright thanks! I will start to run my scanners in safe mode then. Thanks so much for your help! I really appreciate it.

Debi