Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BT Broadband unwanted soft

• Please log in to reply

konradz

konradz

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

Is there any way to connect to the BT router without having this thing installed on your system. At any time when I'm trying to remove it wireless connection stops working. This stupid thing blocks Wireless Zero Configuration service so cannot switch wifi networks. And the most important, I never wanted to have this s*** installed on my system. I believe that there is at least one more person (by looking at some of the HHijackThis logs posted in here I know there r plenty of ppl with BT Home Hub) who was in similar position and put an effort to make his/her wifi networking working without this so-called application. I know I should've got Orange...

Regards
Konrad

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
The BT Home Hub and any wireless adapters you need to connect to it can work perfectly well without installing any of the BT software from the CD. I know that because I'm using my Home Hub right now -- and at night I connect my laptop to it wirelessly -- all without using the CD that BT sent me. The only stuff you should ever need from it is the USB driver when you are using a BT USB router, but that doesn't apply to the Home Hub since it doesn't have a USB port.

I've read on various BT forums that installing anything else from the CD can really screw up your Windows installation to the extent that only a full re-install of Windows will cure it.