Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I need help really bad

• Please log in to reply

ohhso0stephanie

ohhso0stephanie

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I'm in a situation that is bothering me. In my college class for logic and design we had to do
a program to calculate a students 2 exam grades average and 3 research papers average. and find the final grade. and using a decision structure find out if the final grade was greater than or equal to 90, and if so its an A, if not a B. If the final grade is greater than or equal to 80 its a B, if not its a C. and so on.

Ive setup the structure, but something is wrong with it. i need help really bad.
I'm failing the class because the teacher is horrible. but if you guys can
try and help me hat would be appreciative. thank you. :)

Advertisements

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
If you communicate in class the same way you communicate here, there's no wonder that you're failing. This is the fourth unintelligible post you've left here. To prevent subsequent ones, let's just try to turn this one into an understandable post.

Alright, first off, what programming language are you using?

Second, what code do you have so far?

Lastly, what exact problems are you having (error messages, debugging logs, etc.)?

If you can provide this information, then maybe someone will be able to understand what you are trying to do and help you. :)

G33KINFO

G33KINFO

• Pip
  • 2 posts
if im wrong let me know and if your using visual logic which I think you are.

you want to calculate the average off all the marks?

if so

add them up then divide them by the total number of marks

make sure you put the additions in brackets before you divide.

input mark1
input mark2
input mark3
input mark4
input mark5

average = (mark1 + mark2 + mark3 + mark4 + mark5) / 5

now you have to put an if condition below that and write something like this in it or maybe exactly this.

(average >= 90) and (average <= 100)

and on the true side only put an output to what you want like ("your score was an A" )

hope this helps

oh and you can copy the if condition and the output and re-edit the code for scores b c d and so on.

if you need a screenshot of how it should look in visual logic i'll post it let me know

p.s. I'm a college student and I just got the same assignment. I got mine working good luck

Edited by G33KINFO, 29 September 2007 - 10:53 PM.