Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Missing files! AAAH

• Please log in to reply

tivo304

tivo304

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Well my computer's been extremely screwed up and it's all because of Gay VCOM!!! screw that crap...anyway my call of duty united offesnive wasn't getting the server list from the master server, so i decided to unistall and reinstall. After i did that, it didn't work, so i did a Restore point. after that, a bunch of my Call of Duty, and Call of Duty UO Files were missing!!! I managed to find a few throughout my system, but I'm missing some sound files in my Program files\Call of Duty\UO\Miles directory. can anyone hlep me out? or can anyone tell me where i can download the missing files i need? there are probably others as well..please :tazz: ;)

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
after the uninstall and reinstall do you reapply the 1.5 and 1.51 patches?

tivo304

tivo304

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I would except that I can't even run Call of Duty UO, so i need a way to download the files that I'm missing. the directory is such: My Computer\C:\Program files\Call of duty\miles . In that folder it is completely emtpy.

------- Miles sound system initialization -------
Attempting 44 kHz 16 bit stereo sound
2D provider initialized at 9969280 0 90439028
available 3D providers:
Miles sound system initialization failed
WARNING: loaded sound file 'sound/misc/mouse_click.wav' couldn't be read
WARNING: loaded sound file 'sound/misc/mouse_over.wav' couldn't be read
----- CL_Shutdown -----
RE_Shutdown( 1 )
Shutting down OpenGL subsystem
...wglMakeCurrent( NULL, NULL ): success
...deleting GL context: success
...releasing DC: success
...destroying window
...resetting display
...shutting down QGL
...unloading OpenGL DLL
-----------------------
Hunk_Clear: reset the hunk ok
2 sound file(s) are missing or in a bad format

is the specific error in the console I get. Those are the files I'll need to run the game. I might be missing other files as well, which I'll find out only after I'm able to get those two sound files. please, :tazz: ! thank you.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
remove cod and cod:uo. reboot. reinstall cod. apply 1.5 patch. reinstall cod:uo. apply 1.51 patch. I have never seen cod not install all the files unless:
1)have spyware or virus on the system
2)have a scratched install cd
3)have a hdd that is going bad or just has issues.
4)not a legitmate copy of the game

for viri/spyware follow the guide in our malware forum.
to run checkdisk go to start, run. type in cmd.
in the new window type in the following with out quotes: "chkdsk c: /r" let it run at next reboot. reboot pc.

tivo304

tivo304

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I've tried to uninstall Call of Duty, but for some when it runs the uninstall wizard it just exits out without any notice. How should i uninstall? Last time i went into my windows explorer and just deleted the whole Call of Duty folder...that really screwed me up. And when i try deleting it from the Call of Duty menu by putting the disk in my drive, the uninstall wizard still pops up and does the same thing...do you think somehow my files got deleted on the actual disk? There are no scratchs at all, and i have no virus/spyware/other ware on my computer..plus what a hdd? lol... :tazz:

Edited by tivo304, 15 April 2005 - 04:05 PM.