Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Devices in device manager

• Please log in to reply

azcomputerguy

azcomputerguy

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I used UKBIKER's advice but afterwards, it now runs much slower and all my desktop icons are gone, and I cant open anything. Here was his instructions, which is what I did.

................................................................................

Hi There and welcome to GeekstoGo

I am UKBiker and I will be helping you with this log.

You may want to print out these instructions for reference, since you will have to restart your computer during the fix.

Please download AproposFix from here:
http://swandog46.gee.../aproposfix.exe

Save it to your desktop but do NOT run it yet.

Then please reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following:
1) Restart your computer
2) After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.
3) Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear
4) Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode.

Once in Safe Mode, please double-click aproposfix.exe and unzip it to the desktop. Open the aproposfix folder on your desktop and run RunThis.bat. Follow the prompts.

................................................................................

System runs slower now. The devices do show up in device manager, but the computer is much slower and I cant open anything.

Advertisements