Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

reverting back to IE 7?

• Please log in to reply

higby88

higby88

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
I installed the newest version of IE about 6 months ago, and all it has done is slow my computer adn cause problems with cetain sites I want to view. How do I revert back to my previous version of explorer without causing any issues. Or do you think it is smarter to go with Firefox?? I don't know much about it but have heard mostly positives.. thanks

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Personally, I recommend Firefox. It is the only CSS2 compliant browser available to date. Has lots of very useful extensions and plug-ins. In fact, for those IE only sites, there is an IE Tab extension for Firefox. If you don't like extensions, but need a browser for those IE sites, then download and use Maxthon. Opera is nice too. Lots of neat widgets and pretty fast.

Ron

Clark76

Clark76

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 34 posts
To revert back to Internet Explorer 6.0 go to Control Panel > add/remove programs. Look for Windows Internet Explorer 7, highlight and click remove. If asked to, reboot the computer afterwards and your computer should revert back to Internet Explorer 6.

I am with Major Payne about Firefox though Posted Image

Edited by Clark76, 24 September 2007 - 09:46 PM.

J0hn

J0hn

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
Go smart and go with Firefox. It is much safer :)