Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Freezing / lagging on Xp

• Please log in to reply

qwerty123

qwerty123

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
i just reinstalled windows and reinstalled it twice sincei made an mistake the first time and after everything is done my computer is fine but just that sometimes it may lag a lil, i just reinstalled my computer yesterday soo.... is there anyway to make my computer just not lag as much? mayb it's just right now as i just reinstalled windows yesterday.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Please define "lag". Where does it "lag"?

qwerty123

qwerty123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
it sometimes programs would not respond like freeze den 2 seconds later it's normal again. Also my PCI simple communication controller is not wokring after reformat i need a software to make it work. Could you please help? Thanks.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• 8,476 posts
Lag can be caused by reinstalling the Windows and then failing to install all the drivers. You may be missing a graphics driver.

TO find out what's in your computer, download and run this:
http://www.majorgeek...ownload181.html

It will give you some clues to Google on to find drivers that work with your hardware.

qwerty123

qwerty123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
don't seem to be lagging now, but now i need to find a way to install pci simple communication controller

latigid

latigid

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
Have you installed Windows XP Service Pack 2 and have you tried downloading all the Windows XP drivers for your motherboard ?

Also, you can work out the manufacturer of the offending device by extracting the PCI Vendor ID from the registry...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/298837

qwerty123

qwerty123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
I got my motherboard CD to install but i installed the ultitles it had but it only doesn't fix the pci communicatioin one. it's a ASUS motherboard

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• 8,476 posts
If you're on a broadband connection, you don't need it.
Best thing to do first is go to Windows Update, it may offer a driver update for your modem.

d_may

d_may

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
after what you have done---reinstalled the OS, you may need to defragmate the computer.
I also feel as if you are missing some drivers updates. You can go to the manufactures web site to optain the latest drivers.
d_may