This is what my computer has right now:
- Biostar TFORCE 6100-939 mobo which supports dual channel ddr
- Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 SATA 3.0Gb/s 320-G hard drive
- AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2.0GHz / 512KB Cache / 1000MHz FSB / Venice / Hyper-Transport / OEM / Socket 939 / Processor
- Corsair 620W PSU
- Ballistix 2x1G RAM is 184-pin DIMM,128MX64 DDR PC3200, Unbuffered
- Windows XP X64, SP2
I want to replace the cpu for a dual core and I'm leaning toward the "AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Toledo 2.2GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket 939 Processor - OEM"
I also want to get a "ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 64 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler"
I have a few questions:
1. I believe that they're compatible with my mainboard and with one another but I want to make sure they are before I buy them. Would someone let me know?
2. How will I know if they'll fit in the area allotted to them on the mainboard?
3. I read a review of another hsf where it covered the first RAM slot. I need that first RAM slot because I use slots 1 and 3. Can I use slots 2 and 4 if it does cover the first RAM slot?
4. Will I have to adjust my RAM, chipset and psu for the new cpu and hsf (like when overclocking)?
5. Will they require more power than they can receive through my mainboard?
I'd apprciate any help you can give me.