Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Another Device Installation is Underway....

• Please log in to reply

bigdog1100

bigdog1100

• PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
Hello. I am trying to install software for my printer. After a couple of minutes or right away I get the message "Another device installation is underway, when it finished you can try this Wizard again." Or "Another installation is underway". So I cannot install my printer software and add printer, or in general Add any hardware manually. I was recently able to add bluetooth key chain USB device, so it is not all of the hardware. Also please note that I do not have "FactoryPreInstallInProgress" in my registry. Thank you.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
is this a USB printer? is it plugged in and turned on when you're trying to install? make sure the printer is off FIRST then put the install cd and run that then when it tells you to...turn the printer on

bigdog1100

bigdog1100

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
Greetings. It is wireless HP Photosmart 3310, I installed it to another PC while it is on, I think it communicates with the printer when installing.

bigdog1100

bigdog1100

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
Ummmm....Anyone else knows what to do?