Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

W32/Backdoor.BVBR

• Please log in to reply

rcncdp7

rcncdp7

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I did a scan using the AT&T security suite software, because my PC was acting a little strange - unfortunately, I don't remember all the details right now, except my son's desktop taskbar was not allowing the mouse-over help balloons to be viewed, and it appeared to have another blue bar (taskbar?) behind it. The scan reported:

C:\WINDOWS\ie7updates\KB931768-IE7\iexplore.exe

File was infected with "W32/Backdoor.BVBR" virus and was unable to be disinfected. File was quarantined instead.

I didn't delete the file, because I thought there might be a better way to get rid of all its slimy tendrils. I did some internet searches before finding GeeksToGo, but it seemed the virus name as it was identified by my anti-virus software was not something that people had been discussing...no real results except for obvious marketing attempts to sell malicious software removal tools.

Does anyone have help for this? I'll let it sit in quarantine until I hear back.

Advertisements