Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ZoneLabs and Registry Booster 2

• Please log in to reply

adkron

adkron

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

On Sept. 10, 2007 I renewed my virus protection program ZoneLabs Security Suite version 7.0.337.000. I downloaded and installed it. I received a license key and registered it. Yet when I click the Zone Labs Product Information under Support and Update Information icon I am told my subscription has expired and I must renew it. Yet when I click scan it runs a scan. How can I get the subscription expire off the product information screen? I would like to email support but can't find a way to do so. I have emailed them in the past. Does anyone know the tech. support email address? Additionally after installing I was told to click the Windows Security Center icon. When I do under Virus Protection I am told my protection is out of date. How do I correct this?

Additionally I received a new license key and lost it. How do I find out my new license key number? If I find it I maybe able to fix this problem. ZoneLabs support has not responded to my requests for help (I'm still hoping they will) so I am hoping someone here can help me.

I also have a question about Uniblue's Registry Booster 2. I did a download and ran a scan. The scan said I had over 1000 registry errors. It fixed 15 and wanted money to fix the rest. I chose not to send any and to uninstall the program. When I run uninstall I am told the program is running and I have to stop it to uninstall. However I don't know how to stop it from running. Can someone help?

I have run and attached a HJT log for one of your experts to look at if this will help with the problem.

Log removed

Thanks and I apologize for this convoluted thead,

adkron

Attached Files

Edited by sari, 25 September 2007 - 01:19 PM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
zonelabs customer support

How do I uninstall Registry Booster?

To uninstall, first please close the program. Check whether it's still running in the background, in which case you should see the program's icon in the system tray next to the system clock. Right click on this icon and choose Exit.

If you do not see this icon, please press (CTRL + SHIFT + ESC) on your keyboard to open Task manager. Go to the "Processes" tab, find and select registrybooster.exe and then click on End Process.

Then follow these steps :

1) Goto Start -> Control Panel -> Add Remove Programs

2) Locate the entry "Uniblue Registry Booster" in the list of installed applications

3) Click once on this entry and then click the button "Remove"

4) When prompted if you want to remove this application click "Yes"