Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My laptop is driving me crazy

• Please log in to reply

veronicaf

veronicaf

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello

My laptop is acting very weird. First, it seems I have internet (can ping to www.yahoo.com, for example), but I cant browse to any site, neither using IE nor Mozilla.

After that, symantec antivirus tells me that a trojan, called downloader has been found and "deleted", files infected are "ac.exe" and "adv691.exe". I keep getting this error, everytime I start my computer, no matter how many times symantec was supossed to desinfect those files....

So I get tired and run a Panda online scan, after a long fight with the connnection, of course (itīs on and off, after I kill a process called mravsc32.exe I get internet, after a while, then is off again and have to kill it again). Panda found 2 virus: w32/sdbot.ftp.worm and Trj/Deldir.A. It was supossed to be fixed, but I keep having connection problems and getting virus messages from symantec.

I have been all afternoon trying to get rid of this virus and as a result havenīt been able to work all day. Iīm tired, out of ideas and got tired of googling to find a solution, without any helping results; so I will be very, very thankfull if you can help my out :)

Advertisements