Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

xp PRO: 15 second boot to 1.5 mins :(

• Please log in to reply

fast2slow

fast2slow

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hey Guys! ( i attach a pic of my compmgmt.msc error)

i have a serious problem that started 3 days ago. i first noticed it when the Xp pro blue scrolling bar took more than twice as long to load before letting me into desktop. upon desktop my pc was acting slow and sluggish! i have 2.0gb of memory and 1.8 athlon cpu, they were running fine before and now its become so slow! i have read up on compmgmt.msc and have checked my system errors, before i was getting wsvsc error relating to IIs so i removed it and now i am getting the following errors. i have a ati 9600 radeon also running and i think the fault is to do with that but i dont see how this would make my entire pc run slow? maybe i am wrong but if anyone can help me this would be great.

compmgmt.msc error

http://aycu08.websho...61863648_rs.jpg

Thanks in advance guys!

Edited by fast2slow, 25 September 2007 - 08:36 PM.

Advertisements

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
fast2slow,
I would try for that error to upgrade your video drivers. When was the last time you did a defrag?

fast2slow

fast2slow

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
hey tuxmaster

thanks for your reply! i did a video cards upgrade and that got rid of some ati2mag errors! thanks! but theres still 1 there right at the start and also now another few have popped up, also i did a defrag just last night as you requested, but the boot time still takess agessss heres the new errors, something to do with me uninstalling kaspersky? however there is also a apache server error too? weird errors to be honest but heres the errors.

Thanks in advance

Event Error Order
http://aycu24.websho...52805440_rs.jpg

Each Error Event
http://aycu33.websho...56272719_rs.jpg

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
It looks as if some of the errors are related to the video driver. Have a look at this link from AMD (the owners of ATI). I suggest that you uninstall all video drivers in device manager and reboot the computer. Is it loading faster now?

If yes, download an older version to your video card.

fast2slow

fast2slow

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

It looks as if some of the errors are related to the video driver. Have a look at this link from AMD (the owners of ATI). I suggest that you uninstall all video drivers in device manager and reboot the computer. Is it loading faster now?

If yes, download an older version to your video card.

Hey there!

I have just followed your advise with no joy! i uninstalled the drivers for my radeon 9600 from device manager and restarted! the boot time was still very long. I dont know what the problem is any ones help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks Please Help!

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
please post your topic in the malware forum (a link in my list of programs below). Take all the preliminary steps. After the experts from the malware forum confirm that the computer is clean, and if the problem persists, post back in this forum. It might take some time because they are quite busy there.