Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New to Web Development, What is MySQL ?

• Please log in to reply

Charliee03

Charliee03

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Thought about it, and want to add VBulletin to my page but How do I check if my site is capable of using the software? Its telling me I need to know MySQL Info..and If its not How can I fix that so it is capable? thanks

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
MySQL is an open source database. Whether you have it depends on the hosting package you have and the information should have been among the list of what is allowed/disallowed. If you still don't know, check the information where you obtained your hosting package and/or put in a support ticket/phone call.

If you have a CPanel, then MySQL my be listed there and ready for install at the click of a button/link by the application installer.

Ron

Edited by Major Payne, 25 September 2007 - 10:44 PM.

Charliee03

Charliee03

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Thanks man.. this is some specs on the package I have

200GB/month of data transfer (also known as bandwidth) allows lots of users to visit your site
Top scripting languages and database tools like PHP, Perl, and MySQL for building interactive web sites

^^So does that mean VBulletin will be compatible?

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Seems so:

vBulletin is a powerful community solution that makes it easy to add a forum messaging system to your web site. vBulletin is developed using PHP and MySQL (a highly efficient open-source database). This solid back end technology allowed us to develop a product that is both amazingly fast, yet reassuringly stable.

Ron