Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dell Inspiron 1100/1150 LCD question

• Please log in to reply

IAMatt

IAMatt

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello! I have a Dell Inspiron 1150 laptop computer that fried the motherboard. I went online to a site called "Discount Electronics" and found a dell Inspiron 1100 motherboard for a fairly reasonable price. I was assured by one of their "techs" that the 1100 & 1150 motherboards are practically identical, which they are, the new one fit right into the 1150 case and almost everything plugged right in. That is until I tried plugging in the LCD display. seems that the only difference between the 2 boards is the monitor socket. This background story leads me to my question: If I buy an LCD cable for a 14.1 in Inspiron 1100 lcd display, will it work on MY 14.1 in display for the Inspiron 1150, so that I can plug the exsisting lcd into the new MB? I have considered buying an 1100 for parts or a used 1100 lcd screen off of ebay, but I thought this might be the cheaper route. Why not just return the board you ask? Well these A-holes want to charge me a 30% "restocking" fee which I really don't want to pay. Thanks for reading & for any help that can be provided.

Advertisements