Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook Express Identity Switching problem

• Please log in to reply

ClosetStarTrekker

ClosetStarTrekker

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
Hello Geeks To Go,

I had a little virus or trojan problem a little while ago and came to the Virus forum here for help and recieved it. As part of that help I installed Service Pack 1a for Windows XP Professional. Since I installed that I have not been able to use the Switch Identity feature of Outlook Express. Previously it was working fine but after installing the Service pack when I go to Switch Identity and select a new identity the program goes off the screen as per normal and comes back again but as the Identity I am switching from, not the new one.

I am able to swtich if I go to Manage Identities and set the one I want to see as the Identity to use when starting the program, I then go to Switch Identity and then the one I want comes up.

I am able to switch but using this round about way is annoying especially since it was working before.

Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Paul

Edited by ClosetStarTrekker, 26 September 2007 - 03:01 AM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
If this behaviour was caused by installing the Service Pack, it may be fixable by going up to Service Pack 2, which itself comes with a newer version of Outlook Express. Quite often problems with Windows applications can either be sorted by upgrading to a newer version (as in Media Player) or installing something else which replaces it anyway (such as Service Pack 2 which replaces the original IE6 and Outlook Express).

ClosetStarTrekker

ClosetStarTrekker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
Thank you very much for your help. I shall look into it.

Paul