Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

File in temporary internet files and folders

• Please log in to reply

sahyd2don

sahyd2don

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
i want to delete a file in my temperory internet files and folders.i dont see it when i
am using gues user but when i enter administerator and check the temporary internet files
and folders of guest user there is a file with special charectors as name.i tried changing
the name but couldn't do that.i tried locating it through command prompt but i dont know
how to see hidden files using command prompt.please help me i think this file shouldnt be
there on the pc.I dont want to use hijack this as somebody on this forum said that hijack this
is not a spyware.

Advertisements

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
Why do you need the file deleted?

What happens when you right click and select delete?

sahyd2don

sahyd2don

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Why do you need the file deleted?

What happens when you right click and select delete?

i want to delete it because there is no need of any file to be there in temp internet file after clearing all the files.
if it is not getting deleted then there is some thing wrong.when i tryed deleting it it said "can not delete file.can not read
from the source file or disk"

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Some programs like Nero and Avast write files into guest account eventhough it was never used. If there are no problems with the computer just leave it there. If you still want to delete it download Unlocker from my list of programs. Run it, find the file through administrator account, right click and in the menu that opens choose to remove with Unlocker.

sahyd2don

sahyd2don

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Some programs like Nero and Avast write files into guest account eventhough it was never used. If there are no problems with the computer just leave it there. If you still want to delete it download Unlocker from my list of programs. Run it, find the file through administrator account, right click and in the menu that opens choose to remove with Unlocker.

i want it deleted because i have noticed that some data on webpages are not getting updated.when i clean it with ATF cleaner then only the pages are getting updated.I cant clean it again and again with ATF cleaner to see the change in pages.I think it is the work of file which is not getting deleted from temporary internet files and folders.what do you say about it.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
If you want to delete it try to use Unlocker.