Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Medieval II total war will not open.

• Please log in to reply

CompLost

CompLost

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Ok, Thanks for your help and please bear with me.

Here are my computer specs as you request. Attached File  Spec.htm   14.41KB   36 downloads

I started looking for new drivers to correct freezes and crashing I've had with Medieval II total War. I was looking around and I came across this application http://www.drivershq.com/ , which is supposed to give me the most up to date drivers. I bought it for $30 and ran its scan. It gave me 10 out of date drivers which I downloaded and installed. They included, display, mouse support, and many motherboard drivers.

Ok, heres where it all starts getting fuzzy and confusing. While installing two of the motherboard driver components, it asked me if I wanted to format in a Nvidia-specific system instead of ATA. It said everything should run fine and it could imporve performance. I figured that with my luck with this comp. so far(bad), I might as well try. Everything seemed to be running fine and I was excited to try MTWII.

So, I clicked the executable with my dvd in the drive and...it started opening and then closes. I reinstalled MTWII to see if it would fix the problem. It didn't. So, I figured that I may have done something wrong (like accepted the alternate file format) and decided to use System Restore to get back to where I started and trace the problem. Unfortunately, the problem continued after the Restore. The only difference is that now I get an error message:

"X Fatal Execution Error (0x7927baca)

Launcher.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging Services"

I click ok:

"! Process id=0x5d4 (1492), Thread id=0x59c (1436)

Click OK to terminate the application
Click CANCEL to debug the application"

"CANCEL" results in:

"Registered JIT debugger is not available. An attempt to launch a JIT debugger with the following command resulted in an error code of 0x2 (2) Please check computer settings.

cordbg.exe !a 0x5d4"

So that is where I stand with the whole thing. My attempt to update my computer for MTWII resulted in the corruption of that very game. I am considering reformatting my drive, but I wanted to try to ask for advice before I did.

Thanks again,

Prahlad

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
try uninstall the game, rebooting and then reinstalling to see if that fixes the issue. After reinstalling, please make sure the install folder has been removed.

CompLost

CompLost

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

try uninstall the game, rebooting and then reinstalling to see if that fixes the issue. After reinstalling, please make sure the install folder has been removed.

I had already done that. I always look for files that weren't uninstalled.

In any case, I think I was ripped off by Driver Detective since it tells me to download Quatro drivers for my GeForce 7600GS.

$30 down the drain I guess.

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
You can find your drivers here: http://www.nvidia.co...aspx?lang=en-us.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
yes, I would not recommend anyone use them. I had a friend you used it and instead of xp drivers, it install vista drivers.