Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Speakers making cracking noise

• Please log in to reply

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts

Audio Adapter Creative EMU10K2 Audigy / Audigy 2 Audio Processor

Try visiting this website and click on the button that says Software AutoUpdate. Follow through with the prompts. This should detect your device and update the drivers, if necessary. Let us know if it does update or not, and whether the problem gets fixed.

Cheers :)

Advertisements

Pantrwrstl

Pantrwrstl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
it updated
History Log

01/10/2007, 13:46:51 Creative MediaSource - NOMAD Pack for Creative NOMAD Jukebox/Jukebox C (version 1.01.04)
01/10/2007, 13:45:40 Gracenote Update for Creative applications
29/09/2007, 17:26:54 Audio Console 1.20.56

still crackling tho...

Edited by Pantrwrstl, 01 October 2007 - 11:54 AM.

jackflash1991

jackflash1991

• PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
I just realized with my speakers that I had problems with a possible solution. What I did is I mad a call with my cell phone and it started to crackle. I waved the phone in different places and it started up and got stronger and stuff. So try taking your cell or any device close by and wave it around. Really weird but cool.

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
With my own problem coming back I remeber exactly what my volume control problem was....

Open up Volume Control. Click Options > Properties. Under "adjust volume for" select recording. Select "line in".

Help at all?

Edit: My cell phone causes that frequently as well but I believe that it is the monitor and not the speakers that it messes with.

Edited by Titan8990, 01 October 2007 - 08:33 PM.

Pantrwrstl

Pantrwrstl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
well its fixed, i clicked mute under the volume controls for line in and cd audio and it seemed to stop, will those being muted affect any any sort of play back? and thanks for your help everyone, i really appreaciate it

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
Don't really know until you try it and tell us, if you don't use line in and cd audio, then it should be fine.