Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Stuck on Mobo

• Please log in to reply

livitup

livitup

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I'm stuck as to which mobo to purchase for the Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Processor - 2.66GHz.

I've looked pretty hard at the Asus P5B premium. I'll be using this computer primarily for GIS software. (Cartography..mapping and such) I won't be doing any overclocking.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi livitup, welcome to Geeks to Go!

The Asus is a nice choice, especially as you're looking at it pretty hard :) Don't forget it has a 965P chipset, which is last-generation. You should be looking at something with the P35 chipset, like an Abit IP35-E or a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3 - all good choices.

Hope this helps. :wave:

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
I didn't double check myself but I think the P35 ASUS is the P5K. It gets good reviews from Tom's Hardware.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
Id also go for a p35 mobo right now.

Look at the GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3P its quite better than the regular DS3 but yes you could get by fine with one of the ds3 gigabytes. The GA-P35-DS3L is $99.99 at newegg.

Abit makes good boards too I just bought the Abit IP35 PRO and its a very very good board but meant for serious overclockers.
The other abits are great aswell. Tough choice just look at reviews/benchmarks and such or if you want to save money get the DS3.