Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Installing "Riyocodec" for movie veiwing

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I downloaded a video and it will not let me play and the it is recommended that i install this codec to play the video. I have went to the website but the file is and .exe program for the codec and I have BitDefender 2008 and it recognized this codec as a virus. I was wandering if anyone could let me know if this a real codec or not?? Also if anyone has any insight on possibly being able to view this file cause VLC, NERO, AND or Windows Media 11 wont do it. Thank You in advance for the insight.

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,588 posts
First we don't support illegeally downloaded content/p2p apps, or warez. However, we also don't want you getting infected either. According to my info, this codec is full of malware and trojans and the associated movie is junk data.

Delete the movie and move on.