Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dance Mat help x64

• Please log in to reply

Artimecion

Artimecion

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Hi there - I was wondering if anyone could help me at all?

I am running windows Xp X64 and I am wanting to get my dancemat working to play stepmania. The last time I used it was when I was running the standard XP and it worked fine without drivers (none were even supplied)
The mat itself is a Dance Dance Dance controller by logic 3 (who, handily, do not have anything up on their site about it)

The way it is supposed to work is that you plug it into the pc's PS2 port and then it has an extra adapter to plug the keyboard into that aswell. However, I now have a USB keyboard which means that the mat isnt even recognised in the ps2 port. I bought a ps2 to usb convertor and plugged the mat into it and the pc recognises it as a generic usb device which is "working normally" but its unusable as a controller in any game or application.

Does anyone know of any drivers I could install to get this to work? I've spent hours trying to find something suitable but nothing seems to work, and I'm not experienced enough to write my own driver using usbio.

If anyone knows of a generic 10 button control pad driver I could use with it then that could possibly work, but again Im having problems finding ones that are x64 compatable! argh!

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
64 bit windows is a different animal than 32 bit... you would have to find 64 bit drivers for this device ( which may not exist ) failing that you are probably just out of luck...

that is one of the problems with the 64 bit versions of windows it has very little support...