Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Web addresses won't delete (autofill)

• Please log in to reply

badobsession44

badobsession44

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Here is the problem:

Autocomplete automatically fills in certain web addresses even AFTER i have deleted the history, internet files, auto complete, etc. I even tried Norton "Clean Sweep" and microsoft's antispyware "Tracks Eraser." Every time, after doing that all the web addresses are gone except for those listed in my favorites and the dozen or so that myseteriously won't disappear!! An example of a website that is "sticky" is "www.alta.com" It won't delete!! IF I start to type www.a... it will fill in Alta.com even though I deleted the cash, history, autofomplete, etc).

What gives? The problem is driving me nuts because I can't find those addresses listed anywhere on my machine (I used the "search" utility of windows to look for them.) They just seem to magically stick around!!

I checked my registry via regedit, and they didn't show up there. So where are they? And how do I get rid of them?

$10 to anybody that can solve my problem!! Thanks!

Edited by badobsession44, 15 April 2005 - 05:00 PM.

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Don't know if it will work, but try ccleaner