Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dr. Watson's Postmortem Debugger? [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

tmm0f5

tmm0f5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Sorry for the late response, I've moved apartments over the last week.

I'm confused. Things are still happening. I ran chkdsk /f and it fixes problems (which are always index problems at $130, whatever that means).

Do you think my hard drive is crapping out? If I made a norton ghost image, bought a new HD, then reinstalled the image. Would that fix my problems? Or do you think the HD is fine. Just seems odd that all kinds of files keep giving me errors of being corrupt.

Thanks for all of your help,
Tim

Advertisements

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
If chkdsk can't repair those index problems, it might be the hard drive failing.

How about a chkdsk /x instead? Will that fix it? If not, I suggest moving to the new drive.

Post in the Hardware or Windows forum if you wish to double check.

Any other problems now?

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.