Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help needed for a cmoy amp

• Please log in to reply

uglymaggot

uglymaggot

• PipPip
  • 97 posts
Please help if u can i am trying my hand at soldering and all (trying to make a cmoy amp) but i cannot get the IC model number OP2132PA,OPA2132P,OPA2134PA as none are avaiable here :) does anyone know any alternative IC i could use .

Advertisements

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
Did you look at Westernic

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Says they are available at DigiKey: How to Build the CMoy Pocket Headphone Amplifier for $20.

Any good parts house will have these ICs, JameCo, Mouser Electronics, Allied Electronics or Newark (is the biggest one).

Ron
Engineering Tech

uglymaggot

uglymaggot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
jaxisland the problem is over here we dont get that part but we should have an alternative but as i am a beginner i dont know how to calculate what IC i could use as there is no opa2134pa available (it may be only sold majourly in US & UK i dont think its here but we should have an alternative)

Major Payne thanks but thats the site i'm referring to but i cannot get the IC over here :)

if you can think of any substitute it would be great thanks anyway :wave: :)

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts

IC DUAL AUDIO OPAMP 8-DIP - OPA2134PA (OPA2134PA-ND)
Related parts:
IC DUAL AUDIO OPAMP 8-DIP - OPA2134PA
IC DUAL PRECISION OPAMP 8-DIP - LT1013CP
IC DUAL AUDIO OPAMP 8-SOIC - OPA2134UA
IC DUAL PRECISION OPAMP 8-DIP - OPA2227PA
IC DUAL PRECISION OPAMP 8-DIP - OPA2227P
IC DUAL PRECISION OPAMP 8-DIP - OPA2228PA
IC DUAL PRECISION OPAMP 8-DIP - OPA2228P
IC DUAL PRECISION OPAMP 8-DIP - OPA2277PA
IC DUAL MICROSIZE OPAMP 8-DIP - OPA2337PA
IC DUAL PREC AUDIO OPAMP 8-DIP - TL5580AIP

Any among these subs? Can you not order from a US catalog at all?

Ron

Edited by Major Payne, 28 September 2007 - 09:43 PM.

uglymaggot

uglymaggot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
thanks Major Payne i'll check for these and post my final amp pics here.whether on fire or not :) :wave:

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
You're welcome. Here are more suppliers which may be in your neck of the woods: Suppliers .

Doubt if you need the data sheet since this is a simple dual amp IC and you have schematic, but here's a PDF file of it: Data Sheet? .

Ron

Edited by Major Payne, 28 September 2007 - 10:31 PM.

uglymaggot

uglymaggot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
thanks again check back later for pics of a would be amp or an amp if there are no pics forget about hthe whole thing because you know what it means :wave: :)

uglymaggot

uglymaggot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
Major Payne i decided not to go with the CMOY amp as the IC was not available (not even the alternatives) :)

but i was able to get a kit :wave: i finished 70% of the work but i cannot figure out how to put in the transformer it is 0-12v/500ma

the kit is a 7 watt IC audio amp the IC is a tba 810s

Edited by uglymaggot, 02 October 2007 - 08:52 AM.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Can you describe in more detail what the problem you are having putting in the transformer? Don't know if you mean wiring it up to the kit's power supply rectifiers or mounting it????

Ron

Advertisements

uglymaggot

uglymaggot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
It's more to do with wiring it up to the board but if you could help mount it, it would be great.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Still at a lost here. You have the kit with instructions and schematic right? Are the instructions not covering the install/wiring of the transformer? I would need more info on what your problem is other then help with mounting and wiring. I've done many kits in my life and I'm not seeing the problem details from your viewpoint I guess.

Ron

uglymaggot

uglymaggot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
the transformer is optional and i cannot see any thing on the schematic about the transformer . I do not know where the wires go? :)

this is the schematic more or less

also could you direct me to a good site for beginners on how to learn about making circuits (drawing schematics also) etc.

Attached Files

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
this is just a guess...but transformers are used to step up or step down the voltage of an electrical input (in your case PROBABLY stepping DOWN from mains voltage to the proper voltage for the kit)...so i would assume the transformer would go on the voltage input (i.e. where the power comes in)...and i would assume it's optional because if you have a power supply that conforms to the voltage requirements of the amp...you don't need a transformer

uglymaggot

uglymaggot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
I guessed as much :) but i donot know what wire goes where & the schematics do not say anything about power supply (this is a kit i'm assuming for engineering students and i am not one)
I figured one wire goes in-positive & one out-negative & same for the plug(guessing) but as no instructions came with the transformer i do not know which is + & - there are 4 wires all blue two on the left & two on the right.I will try to put up pics.