Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Need help with Win XP and Adobe Flash Player

• Please log in to reply

dynrat

dynrat

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Whenever I go to websites requiring Adobe Flash Player I always get a window telling me that content can't play because I don't have the latest version of the player. I have been to the download site several times and it always says the install was successful but the flash animation for completion doesn't play and it still doesn't work on other websites. I have even tried using Adobe's tool to completely uninstall the player and then download it again from scratch.

Any ideas what to look for? Is there a setting somewhere I am missing?

My kids are getting upset as they have been able to play any of the flash games on their favorit websites.

Any help is appreciated.

Advertisements

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
Follow all of the steps listed Here by Adobe.

Let us know what happens.

dynrat

dynrat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I tried all of the steps. I verified that all of the Internet Explorer security settings were adequate according to the Adobe Flash website you supplied. Then I downloaded both the uninstall and the install programs from the website. After that I used Task Manager to make sure that every program was closed (obviously beside explorer) so that nothing would be keeping the FlashPlayer alive. Once I did that I rebooted so that everything was sure to be implemented. From there I ran the Adobe install program from my desktop and then restarted again. After doing all of that I get the same thing. Any website that requires FlashPlayer tells me I need the latest version. So again I follow the link and go to the website and try and install it from there. It looks like it starts to install. The "F" animates with an animated scroll bar underneath. Unfortunately once it gets to the point where you think it should be done I get nothing. There is no animation or announcement that the installation is complete like the website says you should get.

Please help. I am getting extremely frustrated and have tried everything I can think of.

dynrat

dynrat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I've tried the uninstall and then reinstall routine a few times now with no success. I have also tried about every combination of IE security settings known to man and none of them would resolve this issue. I am at a total loss here.

dynrat

dynrat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
No help on this one???

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Hello dynrat,

Does this only happen on a specific website or multiple websites. You flash player passed adobe's test.

mattconoulty

mattconoulty

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi . I note this forum from 2007, but I have the exact same problem today & like my predecessor, I have followed all the instructions to the letter & still to no avail. Only my flash player 10.3 advice advises the download was compete & successful. Was this problem solved & if so how?
Please help. much appreciation.
Matt.