Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

monitor does not function with cpu

• Please log in to reply

tazzer

tazzer

• Pip
  • 2 posts
sony 19" monitor, less than a year old. Will not, but did, work with gateway cpu. Works just fine with another cpu. Cables are ok. It was booting one day, my pup hit the keyboard, and screen went blank. Not a techie, just know enough to be dangerous. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Welcome to G2G tazzer

Does the Gateway computer work ok with a different monitor?

tazzer

tazzer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi Samm,
The gateway pc and the sony monitor do not work together. The sony monitor and a medion pc work fine.

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
I believe that she wanted to know if your Gateway PC fuctioned with any monitor. It is established that the Sony monitor is working but are you sure about the PC?

Edited by Titan8990, 09 October 2007 - 01:54 AM.

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
As Titan8990 has already suggested, if you can't get the Gateway computer to work with any monitor that you test it with, then it sounds like the problem is with the Gateway computer rather than the monitor. If so, then the problem could (but not necessarily) be caused by the video card inside the Gateway PC for example.

If you could first confirm that the Gateway will not work with any monitor that you connect it to, then we can take it from there...