Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

error 10054

• Please log in to reply

LATIN

LATIN

• PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
Error : sending a connection request to the proxy server xx.xxx.xx.xx:xxxxx failed with error 10054

why am i getting this error and im getting this over and over on each try with diffrent proxy each time can some one please help me correct this error

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Error 10054 is also known as "Connection reset by peer", or "An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host". The error means exactly what it says - the remote host closed the connection unexpectedly.

A simple solution is to turn off all proxy access and then normal internet activity should be resumed.

LATIN

LATIN

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
Actually i wana know why the proxy isnt working every proxy i try wont connect i get that error if some one could please help me on this Thank you and thank you for your help neil jones i should of explained better

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This is more likely a limitation of your internet provider. Since most proxies have failed, it has to be an ISP issue.