Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account

Excel object in a word document not working

• Please log in to reply

Guest_stormtrace_*

Guest_stormtrace_*
I have a issue where i have a Microsoft word 2003 document with a excel object in the word document and when you try to launch the excel object it generates a message that states the following:

Microsoft office word cant start this application required to open this object.
An Error occured and this feature is no longer function properly. Would you llike to repair this feature now? I selected yes and It generated the following error message:

This object is corrupt or is no longer availiable ( Word Error Message)

Can you assist on this issue??

Please help

Thanks

Stormtrace

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Hi stormtrace. Welcome to Geeks to Go!

See this link for help troubleshooting linked and embedded objects.

Have you tried a Detect/Repair for Word and Excel?

Does this problem occur with only this one file/object? Try inserting a new Excel object and see whether you have the same issue.

What happened with your system between the last time you were able to open this object? Did you install/uninstall/update any software?

What Antivirus do you have installed? It's possible your AV is blocking this function. Try disabling your AV and try again to open the object.

Guest_stormtrace_*

Guest_stormtrace_*
I just found out that there was security embedded withing this document and it turned out that it was just this document. This was done by who created it for security purposes. Otherwise this system is fine and working. false alarm on sumbitting this problem as it is working fine.

Thanks again for all of your support and asssitance.

stormtrace

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
No problem. Thanks for letting us know!!