Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Getting a stop error from sleep mode!

• Please log in to reply

Syo

Syo

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Hello all

This is a problem that has been bugging me for a while now. It started ever since I reformatted my computer because of other stop errors. I was wondering if anyone could help me.

Whenever I put my computer sleep, it turns off normally but when I wake it up, 95% of the time it will come to the stop error 0x7f. All of the Parameters are 0x00000000. It also does not state a driver that might be causing the problem.

Any help would be appreciated!

Advertisements

sunmash

sunmash

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Check this out...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/137539

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
We want to run the offline crash diagnostics to get a quick snapshot at what could possibly be the problem with you getting Blue screen error messages.

First we want to download the offline crash diagnostic. You can obtain that here
Now we want to Run the Offline Crash Diagnostic tool
After you save the WindowsXP-KB923800-ENU.exe file, follow these steps:

1. Double-click the WindowsXP-KB923800-ENU.exe file to install the Offline Crash Diagnostic tool.
The installer adds the Offline Crash Diagnostic tool files to the %Windir%\Pchealth\Helpctr\Binaries folder.
2. Click Start, click Run, type [i]ocadiagnostic.exe[/i] ,and then click OK to run the Offline Crash Diagnostic tool.
3. Agree to let the tool send information to Microsoft. Then, click Next.
The tool performs the following tasks:

• The tool determines the number of dump files on the computer.
• The tool finds any dump files that are located in the %Windir%\Minidump folder. You can choose to send all the dump files, or you can choose to send individual dump files.
Note The last 10 dump files to be created are collected. Dump files are not collected if they are more than one year old.
• The tool automatically sends the dump files to the Office Crash Diagnostic Microsoft database Web site for analysis.
• The tool downloads the response URLs.
• The tool displays the response IDs. The tool also provides hyperlinks to the Office Crash Diagnostic Web site.

Go ahead and report back the Responce IDS with your next post.

Syo

Syo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Problem solved! It appeared that the program, Ati tray tools, was causing the problem for some reason. Could be overclocking maybe. But anyway, I appreciate both of your contributions to leading me into finding the solution. Thank You!

~Syo