Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

hour glass shaped start to windows & games

• Please log in to reply

vman72

vman72

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Forgive my lack of computer knowledge, but when i start my computer and it starts to load, (prior to the windows logo showing), everything on the display is in an hour glass shape. When i play games like flightsim that are on my hard drive, everything is ok, however,when I put int he disc to play Tiger Woods from a CD, I am unable as the screen immediately go to the hour glass shape. I have checked that I have the correct drivers to my monitor, etc. Can anyone shed any light on this? My resolution is set at 1024 X 768 on my display. Thanks in advance for any help.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,504 posts
Hi vman72, welcome to Geeks to Go! <_<

Sounds like your monitor is adjusted to display 1024x768 and an improper refresh rate. Try changing your refresh rate (75mhz), or screen resolution, then readjust your monitor to fit.