Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP crash on startup failure to repair

• Please log in to reply

Borcan

Borcan

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I recently purchased a laptop, it was working fin until yesterday when i went to turn it on it kept restarting after the windows loading screen i was able to get to the windows boot menu, it did the same thing when i tried to boot in safe mode. so i turned off auto restart on system failure and i got this STOP error

STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The Session Manager Initialization system Process terminated unexpectedly with a
status of 0xc0000034 (0x0000000 0x0000000).
The system has been shut down.

I have tried many time to reinstall windows the first few times it was detecting all of the media readers as hard drives and said nothing inserted. so i turned them off in the BIOS after that it was not detecting the hard drive(s) at all. i cannot access the hard drive with the windows repair option ether i am not sure what is causing this because when i try to boot it normally i do see the windows XP loading screen but then i get the error so it is accessing the hard drive.

fairly sure it is a hard drive issue i don't no much about this topic. i know there is 320GB of storage. 2x 160GB SATA hard drives using some sort or RAID drivers or something to combine them? not to sure here. in the bois there was an option to select between RAID and ATA it was on RAID and i tried to run the windows install with ATA selected also

the specs:

# Intel Pentium 4 Hyper Thread 670 3.8 GHz, 800MHz FSB, 2MB L2 cache Socket 775
# Dual Layer 8X DVD+/-RW. 8x/4x/8x DVD+RW, 8x/4x/8x DVD-RW, 2.4x DVD+R DL, 24x/10x/24x CD-RW
# 320GB of storage. 2x 160GB SATA hard drives
# 17" WUXGA 1440 x 900 LCD
# NVIDIA GeForce Go 7800 256MB Video Module
# 3GB RAM PC5300 DDR2 (3x 1GB sticks)
# Integrated 10/1000Mb Gigabit Ethernet & 56K V.92 Modem
# Internal 802.11b/g WiFi Card
# Integraded High-Definition Audio. 4 Speakers and 1 Subwoofer built into the casing
# 7-in-1 Media Card Reader, optimized for quick and easy file transfer with most peripheral devices.
# Windows XP Pro

Edited by Borcan, 29 September 2007 - 02:49 PM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This is usually a fatal error that is caused by hard disk drive issues, but it can also be caused by a faulty motherboard.

You shouldn't be seeing this on a new laptop, so if you have some system recovery software or recovery CDs, you should run those first just to reset the system. However if it continues the same way you may have a hardware issue and your machine should be under some sort of warranty that you are advised to use.