Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Re-installing Windows XP

• Please log in to reply

BlackHalo

BlackHalo

• PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
I'm trying to re-install Windows XP on my old laptop (HP nx9010) to use as a backup for the new one, but I'm having issues. When i try to start the pc, it takes ages top start up then it fails to open windows saying a file is missing. It then says i should go to the recover menu to fix the problem which i do. I've tried formatting C:\ and i've run a disk check. It says there is an error on the disk. Uhm...what do i do? It ran perfectly the last time i switched it on, now it've giving me issues.

Advertisements

BlackHalo

BlackHalo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
Nevermind. Somehow i got it right. Don't ask me how though..... :) Got windows back up and going. Only problem now is that i formatted the pc from within the recovery console and re-installed....but it doesn't appear to have formatted because all my old applications are still on there?