Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

QLBCTRL.exe

• Please log in to reply

jceac

jceac

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I was trying to figure out whether unticking the HP QuickLaunch Buttons (qlbctrl) on my startup list would have any effect on my fn keys combos so i decided to experiment. i unticked it, and sure enough, when i restarted my computer, some of the fn keys wouldn't work anymore namely fn+ esc (sys info), f1 (help & support), and f6 (lock comp). all the other ones seem to work. when i realized this, i decided that i would just leave qlbctrl running then. the problem is when i re-ticked it on the startup list and restarted my computer, it won't start anymore. i tried to go to where the file is and run qlbctrl manually following the file path on the command line but that doesn't seem to do anything either. How do I get it to run again?

I would appreciate any help on this.
Thanks!

Edited by jceac, 29 September 2007 - 06:20 PM.

Advertisements

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
Best bet is to un- and then re-install the software. If you had used WinPatrol to control the startup behaviour, you could have just gone back and reset it. WinPatrol does not remove the entry from the list. Very user friendly: http://www.winpatrol.com/

WinCrazy

WinCrazy

• PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
Hi jceac.

There's an easy, free way to control statup apps:

Startup Inspector
_