Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP or Vista

• Please log in to reply

kharley

kharley

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
I would like to get some honest opinions on which os is better, thinking about new computer but not sure about the new os. Some of this computer stuff can really get compicated for us simple folk so I am not sure if I would be smart enough to get around on it, Thank you. :)

Advertisements

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
kharley, I'm a bit like you. I bought a new system about six months ago and wondered about the Vista or XP question. I decided to go with Vista because it is the future and XP really is the past. I also figured if I had any problems I could solve them here at Geeks To Go with help from our wonderful techs. So far, I have not had a glitch and when I have had to use my son's laptop which has XP I really don't like it compared to Vista - however, that is really an aesthetic thing, not a technical thing. From what I have read here on the forum, people's opinions are often geared to what they are used to. Like anything new, it takes a little while to navigate around and get used to. At first I found I was looking for things with XP in my head and getting frustrated because I couldn't find them and then it dawned on me that Vista is not XP and I enjoyed learning about the features of Vista. By the way, I am not at all technical :) .

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Vista Resistance: Why XP Is Still So Strong... more

Ron

Nayfunx1991

Nayfunx1991

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Have a explore of Both first See which one Your most comfortable with :)

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts
XP for me :)

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
Go with XP. Vista's still a baby.

edit: so are my spelling skills

Edited by Fredil Yupigo, 12 October 2007 - 06:29 PM.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
With Win XP's SP3 coming, I would stay with XP. Just need to find out if M$ is going to re-instate support for Win XP.

Ron