Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

DSL Networking Issue

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi. My friends DSL setup is having some strange problems, so it seems to me.

Heres a summary of the setup: DSL modem connects to router. Router has 2 systems connecting to it: one wired and one wireless.

The problem is that when the wireless system is powered on or off, the network connection comes to a stop, and the WAN data never reaches the wired system for about 15min. The DSL modem and router often make note of this, as a red light on the modem often lights up and an orange light on the router often light up.

The routers password has been changed, as well as the wireless connection having a password to connect.

Most recently, we discovered this:
When the internet is down, as I explained above, if you try to connect to the router via, which usually works, it gives an error message similair to "Cannot connect to System is managing".

Any suggestions, or information I can give again that will help me solve this problem?