Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IRQL error

• Please log in to reply

chrisw1100

chrisw1100

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
First off thank you in advance for any help. I am getting a IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x000000D1 there are also some other codes listed that I can post if needed. I checked the forums here and found the 0x000000D1 listed and it says to find that driver but I really have no idea how to do that. I also ran CHKDSK /r as that was also listed as a possible fix to no avail. Any ideas on what I can do to correct the error? thanks again for the help.

Advertisements

chrisw1100

chrisw1100

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Follow up. I also tried to reinstall windows XP but getting same error and when I try and run in safe mode it says windows setup cant be run in safe mode and reboots which of course gives me the same blue screen and error. Not really sure how to even get in safe mode now since each time I try it wants to reboot to normal windows for setup.

IO-error

IO-error

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
What helped for me was updating my videocard drivers.
I also heard from others the same about updating soundcard drivers and other drivers for hardware you have connected.
I hope this helped.

chrisw1100

chrisw1100

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
yeahThx only problem is now I cant even boot up in safe mode as windows is trying to run setup which wont run in safe mode so it trys to reboot which results in the same crash so I cant get in to update anything. This is an old PC I was handing down to a friend. would formating the drive and then doing a fresh windows install correct the problem?

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
IRQL errors are usually hardware related. If you have recently changed any hardware I would remove it and retry. Also running Memtest wouldnt hurt.