Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Philips Musicmatch Jukebox

• Please log in to reply

samboo1

samboo1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Well it was and I uninstalled it yesterday when I found it was no use. I can always install it again if I need it though.

Sorry to cause a fuss with this by the way, just want it off my computer really.

Edited by samboo1, 10 October 2007 - 10:23 AM.

Advertisements

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
The instructions I am about to give you were provided by 1101Doc. I must warn you continue with caution. As manual removal of any program may result in a non working system. You will want to backup any data(Music, Pictures, Documents etc...) you have and follow the instructions closely if you have any questions ask first. One again I warn you continue with caution and only use as directed and not on a regular basis.

You can try a manual removal of the program using jv16 PowerTools!
http://www.321downlo...ware/index.html

Before making any changes to the Registry, download and install ERUNT. Make a backup of the Registry and place it on the root of C:\ for easy access in case of Registry corruption.

ERUNT info and tutorial: http://www.larsheder...erunt/erunt.txt
ERUNT download: http://www.larsheder...nline.de/erunt/
(Click on 'Server.')

After installing and opening jv16, the Registry Tool should be selected.
At the left, please find an entry for "Uninstall." When chosen a list of uninstallers will be presented. If offered, choose to run the uninstaller for the application. This should always be the first step. If not offered, or if not present, select "Installed Software" (top entry) to proceed.

The window that opens offers a list of all registered applications. Check the box that belongs to the program that needs removal, and then click the "Remove" button at the lower right. This needs be done for all entries pertaining to the selected application.

Once removed from this list, open "Registry Finder" from the top "Tools" menu. In the small dialog box in the center of the screen, type the name of the application, hit enter, and then type the name of the program's authoring company. Perform the latter only if that company has authored no other software that is currently installed!

Push the "Continue" button, review the Registry locations to be searched, and then press "Start." Once complete, use the top "Select" menu to "Select All," and then click the "Remove" button. When finished, close jv16.

At this point, the application is well and truly un-registered. Go through the Program Files directory and manually delete any remaining files. Don't forget to check "Common Files." Shortcuts to the program will also need manual deletion where extant, including All Programs.

Should it be required, "Registry Cleaner" can be selected from the "Tools" menu referenced above. Check to be sure that "Manual" removal is marked in the confirmation dialog. Once the search is complete, manually check the boxes for entries pertaining to the removed program that have a GREEN symbol, and then press the remove button. Removal of RED entries will likely result in system instability and/or Registry corruption. This will clear all remaining orphaned Registry entries.

I suggest that this last step be taken only when needing a completely clean slate for re-installation of the same or similar program. Even with an application as careful as this one, Registry 'cleaning' can result in serious errors.

Once again, this is a very powerful tool! If you are not confident that the person you are helping can use it responsibly, I recommend that you do not tell them about it. I never reference jv16PowerTools in open forum discussions. If I feel that someone can benefit and can handle it, I use PM to explain, and that quite rarely. In many cases, it is better to leave a program installed than to risk re-installation of Windows and serious data loss by improper Registry entry removal.

Edited by tuxmaster, 17 October 2007 - 01:24 AM.

Curryjl

Curryjl

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Ok so you can't delete the file from C:/program files/... ? Is that correct? If so you get the error it's in use can't delete well obviously the process is running in the background few ways around this you can boot into safe mood try deleting or uninstalling the program or start>run>msconfig> disable the phillips music match program or disable all... reboot and delete the file or try once more to uninstall. Add me if you have any questions on Edit: to remove email address

Curryjl please refer to our Terms of Use Rule No. 3, third item.

Edited by frantique, 17 October 2007 - 03:32 AM.