Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

/ directory full

• Please log in to reply

Anomaly1974

Anomaly1974

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a(nother?) strange problem. A computer "tech" infected my system a while back and I have had nothing but problems getting it sorted out. Finally I wrote zeros across the drive and did clean installs. My hosting company reset all of my servers in order to wipe out any bugs that were there. Unfortunately (Weird) I cannot change my IP due to local quirks.

However

Sometimes when I go to access my WHM or cPanel I get really strange errors telling me that my /directory is full. I can log into WHM with no problems but any time I try and use WHM or cPanel controls I get an error telling me that the /directory is full and WHM/cPanel have been deactivated to prevent anything bad from happening.

They have run full scans on the server and tell me that the root directory is not full, nor is my little corner of it. They have no explanation for the difficulties as I am the only one having this problem.

Could this be another bug? Something in my htaccess? I really need some help here since I need to try and get my site back up fully as soon as possible.

Even stranger, even when I cannot access the site itself, I can still update my WP Blog on my server which I actually use in the root directory. With five sites, I have 73 megs on one and 20 something on another with the others in single digits.

Any ideas?

Any help?

Please!

Thanks,
-Ward Tipton-

Advertisements