Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

System Works or Antivirus?

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
Hi. I finally decided which laptop and went for the HP; glad to say a nice quiet fan so far.
Nice lot of software installed including Norton Antivirus 2005. Great. Howevr I have Norton System Works 2003 which I could install and update. IS the Virus package in it as good as the stand alone one, i wonder?

I dont know whether to install System Works or keep 2005. The extras I use in SystemWorks are

1 Cleansweep (Windows add/remove programmes simply does not list everything you install)

2 Norton Utilities -- Diskdoctor etc

Question--what would you recommend me to do? I think Id prefer the 2005 Virus package but if I go for this is there a programme (free or otherwise) that would (A) Uninstall programmes for me and (B) do Diskdoctors job; correct faults, do check ups etc

Youe esteemed advice please, and thanks in advance.

• Pip
  • 3 posts
You can install norton system works and tell it not to install the antivirus 2003 version (i know this as I have used norton system works before without the antivirus purely to use ghost). Just select custom installation and select which components you want to include. You can then have your cake and eat it so to speak. It will probably intergrate with antivirus 2005 as well.